HOME green tips
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Fill low areas in the yard or next to the foundation with compacted soil. Spring rains can cause yard flooding, which can lead to foundation flooding and damage, and insect infestation.
– Harvest spring rains with a rain barrel and save up to 1300 gallons of water and usage during the summer months, while enriching your lawn, garden and plants.
– Consider installing energy saving seasonal awnings and reduce heat gain up to 65% in south facing windows and 77% in the east. Awnings can also help protect furniture, floors and rugs from sun damage.
– Snack on a handful of anti-inflammatory, high in vitamin E, magnesium rich sunflower seeds for a daily calm.
PLAN TO SELL? MORE TIPS…
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside/outside.
– Inspect and make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky furniture. Stage rooms with one color.
– Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
DENVER: Home sales soar in March. March brought 6,247 new listings to the market, a 38 percent increase as compared to last month, and three percent more than this time last year. However, new listings did little to ease the inventory crunch. Eager home buyers quickly scooped up the active inventory and, in the process, sent home sales soaring. In March, 4,140 homes sold, a 46 percent month-over-month increase and one percent higher than compared to this time last year, http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Hot housing market: Boulder County home buyers are lining up for less inventory. The number of available houses for sale in the county is at a 10-plus-year low, jolting appreciation, creating bidding wars and pricing some people out in the process, http://www.timescall.com/business/local-business/ci_27614117/hot-housing-market-boulder-county-home-buyers-inventory
Have a question about your home or neighborhood?
Always Happy to help you, family and friends!
Green Door Living RE