HOME green tips
Know someone selling or buying this year? Connect us!
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Clean clothes clean planet with Seventh Generation, Eco-Cover, Bi O Clean, Earth Friendly non-toxic bio-degradable laundry products.
– Prune dormant trees and shrubs late winter to invigorate abundant growth in the spring. See for more instruction: http://pallensmith.com/2016/02/08/winter-pruning/
– Try zero-VOC interior paints for better indoor air quality start with walls. http://www.treehugger.com/green-home/5-zero-voc-interior-paints-renovation-healthy-home.html
– Focus on dark leafy greens, citrus and root vegetables to eat local produce during winter months.
PLAN TO SELL?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky furniture. Stage rooms with one bold color.
-Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
DENVER: 2016 starts strong for Denver area housing.
January’s indicators showed sizable increases in the number of new listings that came on the market, an indication that sellers are looking to get a jump on the selling season and take advantage of what continues to be a prime seller’s market. http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Same is the Sound in both local and national residential real estate markets. New listings were down 11 percent and median price up 14 percent for single family and attached residential properties in January in the Boulder County market.
Other than the change of another month and year, little else is changed in residential real estate both nationally and locally. Unemployment is solidly about the same, housing metric trends are running about the same for now and the sunny outlook is still at about high noon. Same is the sound of 2016. So curl up and get comfy with the song. We are likely to sing it a lot this year. http://www.baraonline.com/sites/bara/files/statistics/MonthlyIndicators_1.pdf
Have a question about your home or neighborhood
Happy to help!
Green Door Living RE