HOME green tips
Know someone selling or buying this year? Connect us!
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Spring clean home with 10 drops of all-purpose germ fighting anti-microbial lemon essential oil and 20 drops of tea tree oil in a quart of water. Sprinkle baking soda on musty carpets, sweep it around let it sit a bit then vacuum it up. Clean windows with 2 tsp vinegar and a quart of warm water spray.
– Plant lily bulbs outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked for blooms in late June through September, according to Echters Green Thumb Tips for March. Cut back old stalks from your perennials, roses, vines and ornamental grasses, so you can enjoy the new foliage and flowers. Prune fruit trees before they leaf out. There is less danger of spreading disease. Pruning assures good air circulation for better fruit production.
– Examine roof shingles for repair or replacement and check for loose or leaky gutters to avoid improper drainage during spring showers.
– Dye Easter eggs with natural shades made from fruits such as blueberries and raspberries and vegetable colors of red cabbage, yellow beets and spinach. http://deliciousliving.com/recipes/how-create-vibrant-natural-dyes-easter-eggs
PLAN TO SELL?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky
furniture. Stage rooms with one bold color.
-Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
DENVER: Denver Area Housing Inventory Tight. After and uptick in inventory in January, available homes for sale in the Denver Metro area dipped despite a strong influx of new listings coming on the market. Demand is strong and homes are being absorbed almost as fast as they come on the market. Home values continue to hold steady. Blog.recolorado.com
BOULDER: Competition for Best available Properties should be Profound. New Listings were down 2.9 percent for single family homes and 15.6 percent for townhouse-condo properties in February. The Median Sales Price was up 9.5 percent to $510,250 for single family homes and 41.5 percent to $362,665 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on Market decreased 16.7 percent for single family homes but increased 65.2 percent for condo properties. National housing starts were up by 10.8 percent at the end of 2015 when compared to 2014, and the unemployment rate is holding low and steady at or near 4.9 percent. Meanwhile, mortgage rates continue to astound below 4.0 percent and we have witnessed an unprecedented 70 consecutive months of private-sector job growth. As consumers navigate their options, competition for the best available properties should be = profound, especially if the market remains hobbled by a lack of supply. http://www.baraonline.com/sites/bara/files/statistics/MonthlyIndicators_2.pdf
Have a question about your home or neighborhood
Happy to help! Thank you for your referrals!
Green Door Living RE